A District Filled with Good Times and Great Opportunity
Stay Connected: Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook
Home Events Media Volunteer Opportunities Contact

YMCA

The Y was originally constructed in 1907. The brick and limestone structure was rebuilt in 1914 following a fire, at which time the fourth floor was added.

Each floor is approximately 6,625 sf, totaling 26,500. The building includes the original pool and architectural features.

In 2001 a developer installed new windows and exposed the brick walls, demolishing many of the interior walls. The building sits on limestone bedrock. The lot is 80 x 120 ft and bordered by municipal parking to the north and west.

The top floors enjoy views of Christian Hill and the Mississippi River. Listed on the National Historic Registry, redevelopment of the property is eligible for the full 20% Federal historic tax credit.