A District Filled with Good Times and Great Opportunity
Stay Connected: Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook
Home Events Media Volunteer Opportunities Contact

Mississippi Landing

Mississippi Landing sits on the former site of the Alton House. The Alton House was the headquarters for Stephen A. Douglas and his followers before he debated Abraham Lincoln in the Senate race of 1858. By 1912, essentially this same building was erected as the paper plant of the Illinois Corrugated Paper Company. In the spring of 1920, the Illinois Terminal Railroad bought the building and began extensive renovations for their Headquarters. During the 1950s, and through
2005, The Mississippi Lime Company maintained their offices in the building. When The Mississippi Lime Company moved out of Alton, there was much lamenting about another empty downtown building. It did not take long for the building to be sold to Moon Beam Initiatives for conversion to luxury loft residential and commercial condos featuring unobstructed views of the Mississippi River and the Clark Bridge.

Amenities at Mississippi Landing lofts include exposed brick, 12 ft ceilings, large insulated windows looking out to the River, balconies, indoor parking, and within walking distance to Riverfront Park,
downtown dining and shopping, bike trails and the Great River Road: twenty minutes from downtown St. Louis and Lambert Airport.

All 10 residential lofts were sold. Shops on the ground floor include Fringe Hair Salon and By Design, featuring custom clothing and textile arts.

Information courtesy Moon Beam Initiatives.